Congrats to our winners #16 and #160, Laura Edmunds and Laura B. It looks like Laura is the lucky name today!! Thanks to everyone for entering!
We went to see Frankenweenie last weekend, and I want to let you know all about it!
What’s a Parent’s Review? Well, I’m going to give you the summary of Frankenweenie from Disney, then tell you what I’d tell any Mom I bumped into in the school pick-up line.
From creative genius Tim Burton (“Alice in Wonderland,” The Nightmare Before Christmas”) comes “Frankenweenie,” a heartwarming tale about a boy and his dog. After unexpectedly losing his beloved dog Sparky, young Victor harnesses the power of science to bring his best friend back to life—with just a few minor adjustments. He tries to hide his home-sewn creation, but when Sparky gets out, Victor’s fellow students, teachers and the entire town all learn that getting a new “leash on life” can be monstrous.
In Tim Burton’s “Frankenweenie” young Victor conducts a science experiment to bring his beloved dog Sparky back to life, only to face unintended, sometimes monstrous, consequences.
The kids who saw the movie were 12, 8, and 7 – all boys.
1. They were a little bummed that the movie was all black and white (but they liked it!).
2. It was a little intense at times when deceased pets are brought back to life in different forms (a cat turns into a scary bat, a turtle turns into a dinosaur). The 7 and 8 year olds said the movie wasn’t scary, but the looks on their faces said otherwise. It didn’t keep them up that night, though.
3. The 12 year old said the movie was good, and not scary at all.
4. There is a scene in the movie when the dog is hit by a car – you don’t see anything, but it’s implied and you can see the boy’s face when he sees it happen. It’s during Victor’s first baseball game after they tie Sparky to the bleachers – he gets loose and runs into the street.
My final thoughts? Take the kids! It’s a fun movie with an old-time feel because it’s black and white.
TWO lucky winners will receive a Frankenweenie resusable tote and coupon code for a free Shutterfly photo book.
1. Leave a comment telling us that you like Disney In The Desert on facebook.
2. Leave a comment telling us what your favorite Disney movie is!
You can enter a total of two times – please leave a separate comment for each entry, or we can’t count them both.
This giveaway will end on Tuesday, November 6 at midnight. Winners will be announced Wednesday, November 7th.
We were not compensated for this giveaway, but were provided with reusable tote bags and free Shutterfly photo book coupons. Good luck!