Are you trying to pass down your love of Disney to your daughter? Here are some great Christmas ideas to please any princess.
Disney Holiday Girl Gift Guide
1. A castle of her own — For that big “wow” on Christmas morning, advise Santa to get her the Sleeping Beauty Castle playset. It’s so much more than a doll house — it has a whole party of princesses as well as magical sounds. Disney also makes a Cinderella Castle version. For the littlest princess, the Fisher-Price Little People Disney Princess Songs Palace would be a dream come true.
2. Some pixie magic — Fly along with Tinkerbell and her fairy friends in the new DVD Secret of the Wings. Tinkerbell finds out she has a sister named Periwinkle who lives in the Winter Woods. Perfect with a new pair of Tinkerbell pajamas to snuggle and watch.
3. The gift of good health — Has Doc McStuffins inspired your daughter to become a pint-size physician? Get her the Doc McStuffins Doctor’s Bag Set and she’ll be able to give all of her stuffed animals checkups just like her favorite TV doctor.
4. Family Game Time – Check out our friend Amy’s review of the Wonder Forge Disney Princess Enchanted Cupcake Party Game.
5. Be Brave — Every girl has a mind of her own; no one more so than Merida. If your daughter loved the movie in the theater last summer, she’s probably wishing for her own DVD of Brave this Christmas. If you’re really brave, you could get her an archery set to go with it!
6. A pillow and a pet — She may already have a Pillow Pet, but doesn’t she need a Disney Pillow Pet? The very soft, very huggable stuffed buddies come in Mickey, Minnie, Winnie, Perry the Platypus, etc. — even Cinderella’s horse.
7. A spoonful of sugar — Does your daughter love to help you bake? Etsy has pages of adorable Disney-themed aprons. Wrap an apron up with a set of princess cookie cutters and some magical pixie dust (sprinkles).
8. Sweet and sassy — Wreck-It Ralph isn’t just for the boys — the candy-colored world of Sugar Rush is filled with delicious characters like Vanellope Von Schweetz, our glitchy little friend. The Disney Store has talking dolls and plush, as well as their race cars. Great for a little girl who wants to be the hero, not the damsel in distress.
9. More pirate than princess — She hangs with the boys and helps them fly — some girls are more charmed by Izzy from Jake and the Neverland Pirates than by Ariel or Belle. Get your little swashbuckler an Izzy plush and her friend Skully to go with it.
10. That even-it-up gift you always need — If you’ve got multiple kids, you know there comes a point in the holiday shopping when one child’s pile appears bigger than the other. A playset with a group of their favorite characters is an easy out. The best part — if you end up not needing it for Christmas, it’s simple to re-gift, save for a birthday, or even pull apart for smaller incentive treats.
And if gifting experiences is more of your thing and a trip to Disneyland is out reach, how about tickets to see Disney On Ice Dare to Dream! Package the tickets with a new Disney T-shirt or a light-up wand like they sell at the event, and your daughter will have a gift now and an experience in a few short weeks.
Special thanks to Vikki for giving us girly suggestions!